Howard W. Sharf, M.D.Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Howard W. Sharf, M.D. is originally from New York City. He graduated Cum Laude from The Pennsylvania State University and earned his medical degree from Hahnemann Medical College. He served with distinction for thirteen years in the U.S. Army, where he interned at Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington. He completed an Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at the Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne, Indiana. His military career was marked by numerous awards and a final rank of Lieutenant Colonel, serving as Chief of the Department of Surgery at Reynolds Army Community Hospital at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. He completed a Fellowship in Spine Surgery at the Florida Spine Institute in Clearwater, Florida.
Dr. Sharf authored and co-authored a number of articles in Orthopaedic and general surgery, and made numerous national presentations. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and holds membership in the American Medical Association and North American Spine Society. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Sharf joined the practice in 1999. He and his family live in Pinellas County.
- Undergraduate: Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- Medical: Hahnemann Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Lutheran Hospital, Fort Wayne, IN
- Spine Surgery Fellowship: Florida Spine Institute, Clearwater, FL
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (Fellow)
- American Medical Association
- North American Spine Society
Howard W. Sharf, M.D.
- Spine Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board Certified
Last Modified: October 17, 2016 | Privacy Notice (HIPAA)